“As awesome as punk rock was, it caused a lot of damage to a lot of things that are pretty great. Like musicianship. And caring.” —Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy (via gordonshumway)
Sweet Gig, If You Can Get It
How do I get on one of these death panels that Sarah Palin keeps talking about?
Chat with C, 8/13/09. A specific sandwich.
- me: I have done more research on this subject than is probably healthy, but if you think you can just roll up and find it because you believe in California like a little kid believes in the easter bunny, I will be impressed and you will have $100.
- C: lol
- what's not to believe in?
- me: That California has everything. like you said, I don't believe in absolutes
- C: it's not a matter of what i believe it's just that it has everything.
- and i'm probably the wrong person you want to send on a scavenger hunt.
- me: that is your faith telling you that, you have not quantified this in anyway.
- C: or the exact right person
- me: $100.00 CASH.
- C: if you're really just interested in getting your sandwich.
- me: You know I am
- C: hahah i wouldn't be interested in your money. you might need to save it for gas, anyway.
- me: Also. Specials don't count.
- C: so what are the qualifications that i need to look for in the sandwich? bullet form, i can't read another narrative.
- me: It needs to be somewhere that sells it on the record
- C: go on does it have a style name? any signifiers? specific condiments? is the meat cooked in a certain way?
- me: http://www.northofboston.org/travelogues/travelogue.php?log_id=119
- Rare, fresh,thin-sliced top or steamship round piled high on a butter-grilled bun, and slathered with mayo and sweet, tangy "BBQ" sauce.
- C: that doesn't sound too hard.
- me: yeah, I bet it doesn't.
- C: top round? that's what tommy's cooks are you sure you want me to give this a shot? i mean, i guess even if you lose you win.
- me: I have been to tommy's it is not the same also, the amount of meat matters as well
- http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=m80Yzr9IGiY
- C: k
- me: watch that video a few times to get the jist of it all. I will have my boy bring one out on the plane in October.
- C: k, i think i understand.
- me: watch that video again just to be sure.
- C: you're lucky patronization is one of my turn-ons
- me: hmmmm....I take this sandwich suurious.
- I have been eating these since I could eat whole food.
- I have searched for the best one.
- I have been to 40+ shops up and down the coast.
- C: we'll see what i can come up with
- me: I will be quite impressed.
“He was saying Miss Katie the whole interview. Dude, why you talkin like that? It’s not the 1920s, you don’t have to speak to white women like that no more.” —Hannibal Buress (Discussing Katie Couric’s post-Katrina interview with Lil Wayne)
“A week or two ago I was chatting with Trevor and we stumbled into a breezy conversation about Third World development and dependency theory. To explain my point I dropped a little round ball reference: the Lakers want the Kings to try to build around Kevin Martin like he’s Kobe, because they know the Kings will never grow into contenders that way. They want the Grizzlies’ young core to fail because they can rape their greatest resources for a pittance in return. And the fans are strung along the whole way, struggling to subsist while waiting for that true shooting guard or seven foot shot-blocking center they just know is the final piece. I was pretty proud of the metaphor, and thought I might have smartly, meaningfully bridged the gap between disciplines. But Trevor just told me it was fucking stupid.” —Free Darko
Chat with J, 8/6/09
- J: Yeah, I definitely still don't bother with big budget action film. There are too many good docs and foreign films I haven't seen.
- me: Wow, that is probably the most pretentious thing I have heard anyone say in quite a while.