New Wilco - "I Might"
Wilco unveiled the first cut off their eighth LP — possibly titled The Whole Love — tonight: “I Might,” the A-side to their new 7” single, backed by a cover of Nick Lowe’s “I Love My Label.” Within hours of airing on local radio stations and being performed live at the band’s Solid Sound Festival, the tune has hit the web. “Well, it doesn’t sound like Lady Gaga,” Tweedy told Spin of the catchy number, “but it’s our way of being obnoxious.”
Hear it here.
The ESPN 30 for 30 series are fucking awesome. Even the Mat Hoffman one is just as compelling as the major sports docs. So rad.
- Well-placed streetlight keeps drivers and pedestrians safe every night.
- Safe drinking water comes out of the faucet.
- Stop signs turn out to be a highly recognized and efficient symbol.
- Man driving recklessly is pulled over and given a ticket without further incident.
- Serial-killer hasn’t escaped jail once in ten years.
- Municipality renegotiates contract with pencil supplier and gets a pretty good deal.
- Wheel chair accessible ramp makes it much easier for a woman to get into the bureau of motor vehicles.
- Uncontroversial regulation does what everybody thought it would do.
- Inspection reveals that bridge requires minor repairs before too long to prevent a collapse in a decade or so.
- Coal mine adjusts its safty policy after receiving a stern talking-to from regulators who aren’t on cocaine.
- Reasonably competent judge gives ten years of reasonably competent rulings.
- Local library buys two hundred books that a lot of children will read.